Saturday, October 10, 2009

Reconcile in Love

October 10, 2009 will be marked as a day that I’ll remember for a long, long time. And I have to thank a lovely couple, who stepped forward to share with us a story of reconciliation.

As a person of faith, and a follower of Jesus Christ, I was taught, like many other Christians, that God’s love brings about forgiveness, that it brings about healing, and that it brings about reconciliation. We listen to those who have taught us, and believe in what we are taught. In many ways, we even experience these lessons in our lives, to a certain extent: over the years, we have learned to lay down some grudges we’ve held against others. Over the years, we have learned to forget some of the sorrows we have experienced, and replaced them with the current joy. Over the years, as we grow, we have learned to understand that some of the rifts left behind are really not that important anymore. All in all, we understand the lessons, and believe in these lessons.

But you have taken these lessons to a whole new level when you took courage to stand in front of so many people, and share with them, in tears, the most concealed wounds that you have suffered. What we witnessed was your forgiveness to those who have hurt you; what we heard was an unconditional plea to reconcile and an open expression of unconditional love in spite of all old wounds and sorrows. Watching you two, I know that God’s love, through you, are shining a lot brighter than what I have ever been taught.

When I saw the hugs you have given out, I know they were not hugs that came from a moment’s of emotions – they were hugs that signalled the true beginning of reconciliation. Like what was said in your slide show, the road is still difficult, but I trust wholeheartedly that you can make it through.

Thank you, for the loveliest testimony of love. I know there is not a whole lot that I can do, but please believe: from this day on, every step that you two take, will come with our blessings, and will come with our prayers.

To a perfect couple, all the best to you!

Listening to your sharing, I cannot but remember this song, “in the seas of life, time flies right by; but through the changes, I have learned to feel the warmth of this family…” It’d be my prayer that your family will be blessed with love and warmth, for now, and for all the future days ahead.

No comments: